5 Yoga Poses That Will Improve Your Posture
- Lie facedown with legs extended and arms out to sides, palms down.
- Roll onto your right shoulder, placing left foot on floor with left knee bent;
- at the same time, bring left hand across body to clasp right hand,
- keeping arms straight. (Use a towel or strap if top arm can’t reach bottom arm, or just move as far as you comfortably can into stretch.)
- Roll back to start and repeat on opposite side.
Bonus boost: “If you have carpal tunnel or tightness in the hands or wrists, this can be a very helpful move. It increases blood flow and mobility along the front of the chest and through the arm,” says McGee.